Welcome to V South Boys – We are the 14 National Team coached by Bob Ward.
I am excited to work with this team and know we will learn a lot together while having a blast on the volleyball court. Check out the website I created for this specific team to get to know me a little better and some of the plans already on the calendar for this team: https://www.CoachBobWard.com
Here are some events to add to your schedule for this month:
1) Zoom Parent/Player Pre-season Meeting Sunday, Aug 22nd at 7:00pm via Zoom. We will introduce coaches, explain our style of practicing, and give tentative tournament schedules. Click Here to sign-up to attend
2) Team Parent/Player Meeting Tuesday, Aug 24th at 5:30pm at Orem Community Park (581 West 165 South, Orem, UT 84058 next to Mountain View High School). We will have grass volleyball nets available to play while we’re waiting for everybody to arrive.
If you can’t attend the Zoom Parent meeting (7pm Aug 22) or our own Team meeting (5:30pm Aug 24) please let me know as soon as possible.
3) Shutterfly Website – We will also be using a Shutterfly Shares website to allow parents and players access to a message board, coordinate carpooling, share team photos, and access important files/documents parents will need. Watch for your invite and a link which will be emailed out to you from Kealani after the Parent Meeting.
4) Players that have committed to the team may attend optional Open-Gym and trainings this month:
- Open-Gyms are free to all players who have turned in their commitment letters or paid their deposit to Club V.
- Monday Open Gym Dates (5:30p-7:30p): Aug 9, Aug 16, and Aug 23
- Saturday Setters Practices Dates (10:30am-12pm): Aug 21 and Aug 28 (for Setters only)
- All Open-Gyms and Setters practices will be held at our Lindon Facility located at 308 S 1250 W, Lindon, UT 84042
5) Practices officially start at 5:30 PM on Monday, August 30
Thank you for all your support. I look forward to our season together! Please let me know if you have any questions.